YIA NOMINATIONS 2021
The Young Investigator Award will be awarded to a promising young, talented, early-career scientist, who defended his/her dissertation between 01 of August 2020 and 31 July 2021. With this award, the NVHG wants to stimulate the recipient by highlighting her/his achievements and to support career building by strengthening the awardees CV with this personal prize.
Nominations will be evaluated by a committee, focusing on scientific merit, the obtained (inter)national esteem by (oral) presentations at conferences, translational character of the research to the broader genetic community, successful grant applications, collaborative nature, societal impact as well as the future career prospects of the nominee. The committee will propose an awardee to the NVHG board. The NVHG board will make a final decision.
The Young Investigator Award is presented at the award ceremony of the annual NVHG conference, and includes a certificate and a monetary prize of EUR 500.
Nominations must meet the following requirements:
• nominations can be made in Dutch or English
• the candidate should have defended her / his promotion between August 2020 and July 2021
• nominations can only be made by NVHG members
• self-nomination is not allowed
• no one can nominate more than one candidate
• nominees do not have to be an NVHG member
• to avoid potential conflicts of interest, members of the selection committee cannot be a nominee or a nominator
Nominations should include:
• a nomination letter (max. 2 pages A4, font 12 pt.)
• a maximum of two letters of support, one of the candidate’s current or previous mentor
• an up to date CV, including the date on which the doctorate was awarded and a list of publications
• an electronic copy of the dissertation (in .PDF format, max 15Mb)